Trained in mediation and conflict resolution at Pepperdine Law School’s Strauss Institute for Dispute Resolution, Mr. Glasner has mediated significant cases to win-win solutions for parties ranging from individuals to the State of California to major international NGOs. As a private attorney, he has mediated over 400 litigated cases to successful resolution representing plaintiffs and defendants in employment, personal injury, defamation, elder abuse, business, and other civil matters, including class actions.
Lawrence is rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell, a certification signifying that a lawyer’s peers rank him at the highest level of professional excellence and ethics. He was designated a Northern and Southern California Super Lawyer, placing him in the top 5% of attorneys in his field. He was also named a Los Angeles Magazine Top Lawyer in recognition of excellence and achievements by the legal community.
Analytical skills and familiarity with the litigation process enable Mr. Glasner to speak the language of counsel and meaningfully explore with counsel and parties their best and worst alternatives to a negotiated settlement within a nuanced and often emotionally charged legal backdrop.
He and his wife, Tamara, have been married since 1983 and have three daughters. Lawrence is a percussionist and guitarist in his spare time who studied with the late Walter Rosenberger of the N.Y. Philharmonic. He is an audiophile and co-wrote an optioned human rights screenplay with his daughter, Jessica Glasner. He speaks French, German, and a bit of Japanese and is a relentless peacemaker.
- Presidential Appointee to the U.S. Merit Systems Protection Board, Executive Assistant to the Chairman, the Hon. Herbert E. Ellingwood.
- Research Staff, U.S. Senator John V. Tunney.
- Advisory Board: Coalition to Abolish Slavery and Human Trafficking (CAST).
- Special counsel and observer at a Neo-Nazi Hate Crime trial in Cologne, Germany.
- Lecturer at the California State Bar on civil remedies in human trafficking cases.
- Continuing Legal Education Instructor.
- Co-developed public policy treatise presented to and published by U.N. Commission on Human Rights by the Hon. Paul Jacob Bhatti, M.D.
- Pepperdine University School of Law - J.D.
- University of Southern California - M.B.A.